You are curious, motivated, endowed with a critical mind and you want to change the world, the Valorēs Research Institute is a company which is constantly growing and which regularly opens permanent and temporary positions as well as internships for students with a scientific background.
Job offer - Scientific researcher
Valorēs, located in Shippagan, New Brunswick is looking for a person to increase its team of research. The position to be filled is a part-time position (20 hrs / week) with a duration of 1 year with the possibility renewal. In the long term, the workload could change to 35 hours / week.
Valorēs is a non-profit organization, serving the peat, fishing, aquaculture, agriculture and other target research areas such as adaptation to climate change and development sustainable. Valorēs favours a multidisciplinary approach organized mainly around the above fields of expertise.
Mandate / challenge
Reporting to the Director General, the recruited person will be responsible for carrying out research and write funding requests in the areas of
- of the environment,
- Sustainable agriculture.
Its first activities will be linked to projects on the themes of:
- eutrophication in berries,
- carbon in peatlands,
- the preservation of agricultural soils and
- Residual products from local businesses.
In the evolution of his position, the chosen person will also be involved in projects related to climate change adaptation for communities and industries.
- University training in science (MSc and / or Ph. D)
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Easy to adapt, interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a team
- Be able to communicate in French and in English
- Ability to write reports respecting delays
- Be open-minded
- Statistical data analysis
- Project management and planning
- Grant request writing
- Ability in cartography is an asset.
Please submit your application (letter from presentation and CV) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part time (20h / week)
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of renewal
Salary: Between $ 25 and $ 30 / hr. Depending on the training, the experience and the salary scale in force at Valorēs.
Start date: as soon as possible. The position will be open until it is filled.